When Results Matter – Contact

What Type of Compensation Can I Get for a Slip-and-Fall Accident?

On Behalf of | Jan 3, 2024 | Premises Liability |

Slip-and-fall accidents can happen to anyone, and they happen just about anywhere. The injuries from a fall can range from minor bruises to severe injuries requiring surgery.

If you experience a slip-and-fall incident, you may wonder about the compensation you could receive for your damages. Understanding the types of compensation available in such cases will help you financially recover from a serious accident.

Medical expenses

One of the primary types of compensation you may receive is for your medical expenses. If you had to seek medical attention, whether for doctor visits or physical therapy, the responsible party may be on the hook for paying the bill. This includes current and future medical costs related to your slip-and-fall injuries.

Lost wages

A slip-and-fall injury can force you to miss time from work. If this is the case, you may be eligible for compensation for the income you lost during your recovery period. This includes both the wages you already missed and any potential future earnings you might lose due to ongoing medical treatments.

Pain and suffering

Compensation is not limited to economic losses. It also extends to the physical and emotional toll a slip-and-fall accident can take on you. Pain and suffering compensation aims to address the impact to your physical and emotional condition, including distress, anxiety and overall decrease in the quality of life resulting from your injuries.

The exact amount of money a victim of a slip-and-fall accident could receive varies widely from case to case, and is largely dependent on the nature and severity of the injuries incurred and the amount of medical treatment received.

Slip-and-fall injuries account for over 1 million emergency room visits each year. Just because they are common, though, does not diminish the fact that you can receive significant compensation when someone else is liable for your accident.