When Results Matter – Contact
JACOBS, SCHWALBE & PETRUZZELLI, P.C.
Alan L. Schwalbe
- Workers' Compensation
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Social Security Disability
*AV, AV Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Alan L. Schwalbe is a partner at Jacobs, Schwalbe & Petruzzelli, P.C. Since 1980 Mr. Schwalbe has been practicing workers' compensation, personal injury litigation and Social Security disability claims. He has represented petitioners and plaintiffs before the New Jersey Division of Worker's Compensation and in the New Jersey Superior Courts, both at the trial level and in the appellate courts, as well as in the Federal District Courts and in the US Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. Mr. Schwalbe is certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Workers' Compensation Attorney and is the subject of a biography published in Who's Who in American Law. He was just honored with the highest possible rating - AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Schwalbe has lectured frequently on radio, television and before professional and civic groups on topics relating to workers' compensation and has written and published several articles on subjects relating to New Jersey Workers' Compensation law. One article that was written by Mr. Schwalbe for New Jersey Lawyer titled: "Update: Third-Party Workers Comp Liens," Mr. Schwalbe received his B.A. degree from Mary Washington College (now the University of Mary Washington), and his J.D. degree at the Rutgers’ University School of Law, Camden.
On June 29, 2012 Mr. Schwalbe conducted a seminar entitled "Advanced Workers' Compensation in New Jersey" held in Mount Laurel, New Jersey. Those New Jersey attorneys who attended obtained credits for their continuing legal education, a requirement of all New Jersey lawyers. Most recently, in September of 2014, Mr. Schwalbe lectured at a seminar for the Camden County Bar Association titled "Going and Coming & Going Again" explaining the law on off premises accidents as they relate to Workers' Compensation cases as well as ethical obligations for Workers' Compensation attorneys. He most recently appeared most recently appeared as a faculty member for the National Business Institute on December 12, 2013 in Atlantic City, New Jersey for a seminar entitled "Your Top Worker's Compensation Questions-Answered".
Mr. Schwalbe has served as a Board Member, Officer and President of the Camden County Bar Association and as a Trustee, Officer and President of the Camden County Bar Foundation. He has also served as a trustee of the Camden Regional Legal Services, and is a former member of the Supreme Court of New Jersey District Ethics Committee, Burlington County, District IIIB. Mr. Schwalbe is also the current co-chair of the Workers' Compensation Committee and past co-chair of the Public Benefits Committee of the Camden County Bar Association. He is a member of the New Jersey State and American Bar Associations and the New Jersey Association for Justice, formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America-New Jersey.
- Listed in Super Lawyers list, 2006-2023
- Subject of a biography published in Who's Who in American Law
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell - The highest possible rating, 2015
- Continue Awards: Top Attorneys of SJ, 2011
- Peter J Devine Jr Award, 2003
- Strathmore's Who's Who
Classes & Seminars
- Presenter, Live Online Seminar - New Jersey Workers' Compensation Fundamentals, November 29, 2023
- Teaching CLE on New Jersey Case Law Update and Settlement Options for Workers’ Compensation, June 2019
- Key speaker and co-chair, lectured on Discovery Practice in the Workers' Compensation Court, ATLA-NJ Boardwalk Seminar, 2006 to 2006
- Key speaker and co-chair at the Association’s 2007 Boardwalk Seminar in Atlantic City where he lectured on “Pre-Trial Motion Practice in the Workers Compensation Court”
- Key speaker at a Seminar in Cherry Hill entitled Workers' Compensation Update in New Jersey where he lectured on offsets and liens, the uninsured employer’s fund, occupational claims and issues relating to discovery and evidence
- Scheduled to appear as a Faculty member for the National Business Institute on December 12, 2013 in Atlantic City, New Jersey for a seminar entitled Your Top Worker's Compensation Questions-Answered
- Conducted a seminar entitled Advanced Workers' Compensation in New Jersey
- Lecturer, Going and Coming & Going Again, Camden County Bar Association
- Rutgers School of Law - Camden, Camden, New Jersey
- Mary Washington College (now the University of Mary Washington)
- B.A. - 1977
- Major: Political Science
- New Jersey, 1980
- U.S. District Court, 1980
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1981
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1984
- Pennsylvania, 1981
- Camden County Bar Association - Past President, 1981 to Present
- Barrister Article, March, 2019
- New Jersey Lawyer entitled: Third-Party Workers Comp Liens, N.J.S.A. 34:15-40
- Camden County Bar Association , Board Member, Officer and President
- Camden County Bar Foundation, Trustee, Officer and President
- Camden Regional Legal Services, Trustee
- Supreme Court of New Jersey District Ethics Committee, Burlington County, District IIIB, Member, 2013 to 2020
- Workers' Compensation Committee, Current Co-chair
- Public Benefits Committee of the Camden County Bar Association, Past Co-Chair
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- New Jersey Association for Justice, formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America-New Jersey, Member