Achieving Results For More Than 40 Years
Jacobs, Schwalbe & Petruzzelli, P.C. is a full-service injury firm, pursuing all injury claims so that you receive maximum compensation and the full benefits you deserve. 856-528-7991 now for a free consultation. No fee unless you win.
Mark S. Jacobs
- Workers' Compensation Law
- Personal Injury
- Social Security Disability
Mark S. Jacobs is the senior and founding partner in the law firm of Jacobs, Schwalbe, & Petruzzelli, P.C. Mr. Jacobs has been practicing workers' compensation law since graduating with honors from Rutgers University Law School in 1973. He also has a Master's degree in labor law from Temple University. Mr. Jacobs is admitted and qualified to practice law before the United States District Court of the District of New Jersey, United States Court of Appeals of the third circuit and before the Supreme Court of the United States of America. Mark served in the Army Reserves from 1969-1975 and then received an honorable discharge.
Mr. Jacobs has been ranked as an AV attorney by Martindale-Hubbell for more than 25 years, 1989–2017, which is the highest possible Peer Review Rating for Legal Ability & Ethical Standards and reflects the confidential opinion of the Bar and the Judiciary.
He has been accepted in the National Registry of Who's Who in recognition of his exemplary service both to his community and to his profession. He was a past chair of the Camden County Bar Association's Workers' Compensation Committee he continues to serve as a member of the Committee.
Mr. Jacobs, as a member of the Executive Committee for New Jersey State Workers' Compensation, sat on a panel of speakers at the New Jersey Bar Association annual convention in Atlantic City who discussed "The Future of the Intoxication Defense."
He also served as legal counsel for the United States Tennis Association Middle States Section (Juniors) for over 10 years and was chair of the USTA Junior Competition Committee for four years. For his work with the USTA he was awarded the 2014 Presidential Service Award. He is an avid tennis player and has competed in 3 USTA Team National Championships in the 4.0 division during the years 2000, 2005, and 2010. His 2005 Green Valley Tennis Team won the Senior National Championships. In addition he has also coached the South Jersey Maccabi Tennis Team.
Mr. Jacobs was past president of the Jewish Federation of Southern New Jersey (1996–1998), which serves the needs of the Jewish community of Camden, Burlington, and Gloucester Counties, as well as the needs of Jews nationally and overseas.
Mr. Jacobs is a member of the New Jersey Advisory Council on Safety and Health that has been successful in improving benefits through legislation for workers throughout the State of New Jersey.
South Jersey Magazine has also named him to the Super Lawyers list for over 9 years.
Current Employment Position
- Managing Partner
*AV, AV Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey School of Law - Camden, Camden, New Jersey
- Honors: With Honors
- Temple University - Masters of Laws (Labor) 1980
- New Jersey, 1973
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1973
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1980
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1981
- AV attorney by Martindale-Hubbell, 1989 – 2017
- Named to the Super Lawyers list by South Jersey Magazine, 2004 – 2015
- SJ Magazine Awesome Attorneys , – 2014
- Member of the National Registry of Who’s Who
Classes & Seminars
- Panel of speakers at the New Jersey Bar Association annual convention in Atlantic City who discussed "The Future of the Intoxication Defense."
- Past Legal Counsel for United States Tennis Association, 2010 to 2015
- Past President of the Jewish Federation of Southern NJ, 1996 to 1998
- "Fair Representation and Binding Arbitration.", Commerce Clearing House Labor Law Journal
- New Jersey State Workers’ Compensation , Executive Committee Member , 2008 to Present
- Camden County Bar Association , Past co-chair, 1973 to Present
- New Jersey Advisory Council on Safety and Healthy
- New Jersey State Bar Association, 1973 to Present
- New Jersey Association for Justice