When Results Matter – Contact

Cherry Hill Slip-And-Fall Lawyer

Slip-and-fall accidents can happen anywhere. Many times, they are the result of snow and ice on someone else’s property. Slip-and-fall accidents can result in serious injury, including broken bones, head injury, traumatic brain injury or back injury. When a slip-and-fall accident is a result of someone else’s wrongdoing, known as negligence, it’s best to contact a slip-and-fall lawyer because you may be able to recover compensation through a personal injury claim or lawsuit.

Slip-And-Fall Attorneys With A Track Record Of Success

For more than 45 years, our experienced slip-and-fall attorneys have assisted injury victims with their claims. We serve clients in all of Camden County and throughout New Jersey. Our firm also accepts cases in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Our slip-and-fall attorneys offer skilled legal services backed by a track record of successful results. See some of the recent case results we have achieved for clients.

How We Can Help With Your Case

A slip-and-fall lawyer can help you with the numerous issues that may arise during your premises liability claim such as:

  • Reviewing any offers from the insurance company
  • Negotiating settlement offers
  • Ensuring that the insurance company treat you fairly in the process
  • Preparing your case for trial, if necessary
  • Representing your case professionally in court
  • Explaining the legal process as your case unfolds

Slip-And-Fall or Trip-And-Fall FAQ

If you have questions about your legal rights after injuring yourself in a fall down accident, you’re not alone. Read on for answers to common questions about these types of accidents.

What should I do after a slip-and-fall or trip-and-fall accident?

Whenever possible, if you fall on a commercial property, you should try to report the injury to the business owner. In places like grocery stores, malls, restaurants, you should ask to speak to the manager and tell them what happened. That will create a record of what happened and when it happened.

You should also seek medical care immediately if you are injured. Getting a prompt diagnosis and treatment will not only ensure your well-being, but also help with your legal claim by documenting the injuries you suffered.

Then, speak to a lawyer as soon as possible. You shouldn’t wait too long to get a legal opinion on whether you might have a premises liability case.

Is a business responsible for slips or trips that occur in their parking lot?

The short answer is yes, provided they were responsible for creating or maintaining a dangerous or hazardous condition. However, there can be many other responsible parties besides the store or business. These include property owners, property managers, landscapers, or snow and ice removal contractors. Experienced lawyers at our firm will investigate and locate all responsible parties to protect your rights.

Many fall down accidents occur in parking lots, so it’s important to seek legal guidance if you experienced an injury.

Do I need an attorney if I am injured after falling down while shopping?

Yes. With any fall down accident resulting in injury, you should speak with a lawyer. The property owner or their insurance may try to pressure you into a quick settlement. However, that settlement will likely be much less than what you are entitled to and you deserve. An attorney will look out for your interests and make sure that you don’t get shortchanged.

Does a business’s insurance company pay for medical treatment if I injure myself after falling on its property?

It depends. Most businesses have to carry general liability or premises liability insurance that will cover them for claims involving injuries on their property. Sometimes these insurance policies will have separate coverage for medical expenses. Our experienced lawyers will determine what insurance coverages exist and might benefit you.

Can I bring a claim if I fall down and injure myself while I’m at work?

If you are hurt at work, you should pursue a workers’ compensation claim. New Jersey law generally prevents employees who have suffered injuries on the job from suing their employers, even if the employer was negligent. (However, like with most aspects of the law, there are exceptions!)

You may still have a third-party, negligence claim, however, if the premises were owned, managed, or maintained by a party other than your employer, and the negligence of that party contributed to your fall. Under such circumstances, you can still bring a personal injury claim against that third-party in addition to pursuing your workers’ comp case. Because our firm handles both workers’ compensation and negligence claims, we are in a unique position to handle all aspects of your claim under the same roof and maximize your recovery.

Is the legal standard for proving a claim the same no matter where the fall down occurs?

The overarching legal standard is the same, regardless of where the fall occurred. You must prove that the property owner failed to uphold their duty of care in ensuring that their premises were reasonably hazard-free.  However, depending on where you fall, and the type of property, (residential versus commercial), the duty owed may differ.  We will determine what legal issues are relevant and important in your case to maximize your compensation.

Schedule A Free Consultation Today

At Jacobs, Schwalbe & Petruzzelli, P.C., we pride ourselves on our willingness to help those who need our services, beginning with a free initial consultation. Learn how we can assist you and your family after a serious accidental injury by contacting us online or by calling us at 856-528-7991.

If we represent you, we will do so on a contingency basis. This means you will not owe attorneys’ fees unless we recover compensation or benefits for you.